Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mod Podge


Mod Podge?
Have you heard of it?
Me neither, or at least I hadn't till I started blogging, but its such a neat thing---
You HAVE to try it!
And that's Definitely what I did... I wanted to post a tutorial on these shoes but I rather not because the photos show how ugly and nasty these shoes were and you might be like...eww..what the...?!
But it was my first time so I def didn't want to use a good pair if you know what I mean.
Anyways I'm sure you can just google it and you're sure to find more than a handful tutorials on this.
I made my daughters old pair and then added rhinestones as embellishments....they came out cute! Let me tell you to make sure you put a heavy coat of mod podge on the bottom by the sole; let it dry in between coats because I didn't do that and they started coming off after the second use!


In the Mod Podge mood I was, I decided I needed a photo box, you know to put all the photos that you haven't had time to organize into an album or scrapbook.
I used a regular shoe box, laid it on top of my fabric and cut as if to wrap a present.

Making sure everthing fits neatly, cutting corners and then applying modpodge.
I then also applied a coat of modpodge on the outside.

I used some scrapbook paper and cut out designs from my SCAL with the Cricut Expression machine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda. I see you've been being really creative. I love seeing what new things everyone is up to.

Thank you for coming by and leaving me well wishes while I was sick.

Be blessed in the Lord. Hugs...Tracy :)