Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paintings and more!

This here is my daughter's bowholder--yea--it's filled...and yet I think I have to make some new ones..lol. I always forget that this blog always posts things from bottom to top..so to read the intro would you please scroll to the bottom...thks...
Another one--this one is actually for sale at a little boutique I love....STUFF N' SUCH...isn't that cute...She has some of the nicest things to offer...stop by and check it out.. 710 W. Mulberry in Angleton, TX. Girls clothes, new and used, purses, belts, jewlery, Womans clothes (new and EUC), Refashioned new Clothes, boutique items for babies, children and women.
When I Did my son's room for the first time I was so EXCITED! I got these bedsheets at Target (i LOVE Target or Tarje't :) I want to make something unique for his room so we painted these stripes and I made these outlet plaques coordinate w/ the bed spread. You can't see it in the pic but it actually has a nice glossy look to it.

*Its' just a plain jane white plaque, then I painted it with acrylic paints and let it dry.

* Then I took it to a well open/vented area and sprayed it with a bottle of clear laquer..you can get it at lowes.

*Waited for it to dry and "walah" screwed them in, I thought they came out cute.
(maybe i should do a tutorial--whaddaya think? )


These are the stripes we painted (maybe not the straightest) but it gives the room charm, and overhead is a frame that I made which has his name, it's meaning, bible verse and at the bottom his date of birth, weight and length...there's a close up pic at the bottom. ( I like to give these as bday gifts.)
This one her I painted for our Living Room, we we're redecorating and I was gonna go buy some prints and then figured why not just display my own work? What do you think?
This one is to coordinate the one above and it hangs above my fireplace ---you can't tell the details b/c I took a bad photo of it...but I think it's beautiful. I love the 3D effect embellishments give to artwork. The fabric is the same one that I used to make the throw pillows in my "sala" (living room) and then at the bottom I sewed a strand of swarskowi crystals. It's truly beautiful when the overhead light hits it.
This red one is one that used to be in the "sala" before everything got redecorated and now it sits over our bed..I loved the bright reds and yellow and that energy it gives off. I used some real good acrylic paint and painted some thick strokes so it has a textured feel.
The "Princess" canvas...I painted this for my nieces bday last yr and embellished it with ribbon and sequins and painted there names on it...too cute! They Loved it.
Not, the best pic, but this is the close up I was talking about earlier..
A mini "Princess" canvas...this ones' available.
"MY LITTLE COWBOY" canvas..I Love this one...I can just imagine a little baby all dressed up in his boots. Has some ribbon embellishment with tiny twill rope around it.
This here is called ''SWEET SAILOR DREAMS'' and is perfect for that Nautical themed room/nursery...


Sometimes I like to call myself a "Jane of All trades"--just because I love to do alot of things and feel that I do a nice job at it...Not that i'm trying to be conceited...:)
I Love Art--Like to paint, draw,put together, SEW (my favorite), I Love to CREATE, party planning and decorating..I love Games!..I'm a licensed Beautician..Love Color! ...I Love to Cook! (probably because I LOVE to Eat!) and wait...I think I'm repeating myself b/c I listed this on the About Me section..huh? Anyways here's some of the things I've Made lately...

No comments: